NetBeans IDE 7.0 for PHP installation process for Linux users was described in details here already. It is straightforward and quite simple.
Let’s repeat in short, just to show a process screenshots for the new Release Candidate 2 version:
1. Download NetBeans IDE 7.0 for PHP package from this link.
netbeans-7.0rc2-ml-php-linux.shfile executable. Use
chmod 744 netbeans-7.0rc2-ml-php-linux.shcommand for that.
netbeans-7.0rc2-ml-php-linux.shinstallation script with
4. Follow on screen step by step instructions.
This time I selected Java 6 during installation:
Installation is finished. Now to start NetBeans IDE for PHP input this command in your terminal:
or make a shortcut for it.
General NetBeans IDE 7.0 for PHP working screen with active PHP debugger:
To change PHP options globally for NetBeans IDE go to the “Tools->Options” menu item:
To make changes for the selected project locally use Project properties editor. Just right click on the project name:
Finally: I didn’t meet any issues with NetBeans IDE 7.0 RC 2 for PHP after full day of my usual programming work. It allows me to join to the others NetBeans community members (check this article “NetBeans Community Approves NetBeans IDE 7.0 for Prime Time Release”), and make the conclusion that it is quite stable and ready for the final release.
- Other ShinePHP.com posts about NetBeans IDE for PHP
- Download NetBeans IDE 7.0 Release Candidate 2 for PHP
- Learn More about NetBeans 7.0
- NetBeans 7.0 Tutorials & Videos
- NetBeans IDE 7.0 Installation Instructions