You are the only boss for your WordPress network
Change default role for owner of new created blog. Is it a problem? You setup multi-site WordPress network successfully and see, that quant of user created blogs grows. Excelent!
But you are not glad. You are not happy. What the reason? You are angry on all those new blogs owners. They do, what they want. They change, what they wish. They should make good posts only! Why all of them are administrators of their blogs? The Administrator should be only one – You. Only One will Win – You! The biggest thing, what you may allow to your WordPress managed network blogs owners – be the editors on their blogs.
That’s a joke, of course. But some time, somewhere… What to do, if text above describes your situation somehow? Don’t worry, try “Win Only One” WordPress plugin. Just setup and activate for Network. It will help you transparently. Your problem will be resolved in the full silence.
Do you think, that WordPress admin menu is overloaded? Are there a lot of WordPress admin menu items, which you never use or use from time to time only? Do you ever dream to make your WordPress admin menu little lighter, shorter, easier to use? If Yes, you are on the right way, as due to Bueltge’s
respectable efforts WordPress community has free WordPress plugin called, as you have guessed already, A-a-a-d-mini-mize
May be I’m not so good ring fights announcer, but “Adminimize” is one of the plugins, which worth to try that :). With help of “Adminimize” plugin you can setup your own admin menu items list. It is as easy as just a few mouse clicks. Go through correspondent checkboxes, turn on checkboxes for those menu items, which you do not wish to see and your WordPress admin backend menu will be changed accordingly.
User Role Editor
User Role Editor
WordPress plugin version 3.7 is published at June 23rd, 2012. What’s new?
– ‘Select All’, ‘Unselect All’, ‘Inverse’ buttons were added to the from for more convenient capabilities management while role editing.
– Role and capability name could be started from digit, and underscore ‘_’ character. Hyphen ‘-‘ character could be included into such name too.
– Old versions used ‘edit_users’ capability to check if show/hide ‘User Role Editor’ menu item under ‘Users’ menu. Starting from version 3.7 ‘administrator’ role is checked. Existed inconsistency, when non-admin user with ‘edit_users’ capability saws ‘User Role Editor’ menu, but got ‘Only Administrator is allowed to use User Role Editor’ error message, was removed.
– Bug fix: if you work with WordPress admin via https, URE will use https instead of http, as it made in older versions.
As new text was added to plugin main form, translations for all languages wait for updates. Former and new translators are welcome!
Long period of waiting for the new WordPress 3.4 version was finished: if you were starving to get it, touch it, install it on your site, if you almost lost your patience, skipping all those beta 1, beta 2, Release Candidate 1, RC2 releases, if you even tried it at test environment, but still waited that great moment, when you could take it out of the box and put it to the live environment, if, finally, even some little part of written above is about you – we all together have very good news last week – WordPress
3.4 is here, with us! Download it
, install it
, use it
, grow with it
, and help to make it better
What’s new in WordPress version 3.4?
– general speed enhancements. WordPress is faster and takes less processor time to fetch its data from the database;
– live theme preview. You can change theme appearance parameters and see how it would be on the fly;
– easy tweets embedding;
– HTML code in the images captions from Media Gallery is allowed now;
– and a lot of changes under the hood, not so easy visible as others, but very useful for developers.
custom post type capabilities
You configured custom post type at your WordPress managed site. You did it with special plugin or manually. It works good. But what to do, if it uses standard WordPress posts permissions, e.g. ‘edit_posts’, but you need to separate access for standard and custom posts for authors and editors? Does WordPress offer a decision?
Yes. Custom post type may have custom capabilities set defined and it could be fully different from the standard post capabilities set.
What variants do you have?
– use plugin which can manage not just custom post types, but custom capabilities set for those custom post types too. Good example is Custom Post Types UI
WordPress plugin. I used it myself long time at my personal Russian language site FiNovel.com
. Inspite of little quant of “Works” reviews at WordPress plugins repository page, I confirm – it works.
User Role Editor
User Role Editor
WordPress plugin version 3.6.2 is published at May 23rd, 2012. Hindi translation was added. Thanks to Outshine Solutions
. Translations for these languages still wait updates: Finnish, Japanese, Belorussian, Brasilian Portuguese, Chinese, German, Hungarian, Polish.
Former and new translators are welcome!