delete_userscapability. Is it enough? No. In order to delete user, you need to select it from user list. Thus, you should have some other user capability. Yes, it is
'list_users'capability. Without such capability you can not access your blog users list (“Users->All Users” menu item) under single-site WordPress installation and can not apply “Delete” command to selected user. Continue reading to see more detailed description and (if you curious enough) look inside WordPress core source code to know where and how WordPress implements ‘delete_users’ security permission.
delete_themesuser capability. It is clear from its name, isn’t it? You are right. But it is not full true. It’s useful to know, that if you have not
switch_themescapability under single-site WordPress installation, you can not delete selected theme, even if you click ‘Delete’ command from WordPress interface. Interesting? Continue reading and see more detailed description or (if you curious enough) even look inside WordPress core source code together with me.
delete_themescapability in this WordPress core files:
delete_pluginsWordPress user capability allows user to delete not active plugins. Such user has to have access to the “Plugins” menu at WordPress administrator back-end (requires
activate_pluginscapability for that). In order to delete plugin user can use plugin row link, which is shown under each plugin name, or bulk action, applied to the selected set of plugins simultaneously.
delete_pluginscapability is used inside these WordPress core files:
Proceed reading if you wish to look inside WordPress core code and get more details.
- CSS classes (thanks_quant_for_post, thanks_total_quant_label, thanks_total_quant_value) were added to sidebar widget. Use it to make your widget more attractive.
- Colon is removed from button caption. So add it manually to the button caption, if you need that.
- ShinePHP.com RSS feed box was removed from the plugin Settings page.
- Sidebar widget data could be filtered by category now. Just select needed category from the dropdown list at the widget configuration form.
- Thanks from custom post types are shown in the widgets now.
- TYCB plugin Settings form is updated (check your settings after version update, just in case they were changed suddenly ).
- TYCB Statistics data tab is moved from Settings page to the separate menu item under Tools menu.
- Button image is changed slightly when you hover mouse on it.
More details about “Thank You Counter Button” WordPress plugin is available here.
- User Role Editor could be available now for single site administrators (Administrator role) under multi-site environment. You should define special constant in your blog wp-config.php file for that.
- One of “User Role Editor” users with 1100+ sites in the multi-site network reported that URE doesn’t update roles for all sites, but stalls somewhere in the middle. Other network update method is realized as alternative. Due to my tests it works approximately 30 times faster. If you met the same problem, try it. It will be great if you share your experience with me. But be careful. It’s recommended to make 1st try on the backup copy, not on a live site.
- Persian translation is updated.
Go to User Role Editor Change Log for details.
Just copy it and paste it into your active theme functions.php file (
wp-content/themes/your-theme/functions.php) insert ID of categories to block. You can get ID of category at Categories page. Move mouse over ‘Edit’ link of selected category and look on the link at the bottom of your browser. Search ‘tag_ID=’ there. The number to the right of it is the category ID.
Congratulations! That’s all. You got it.